Well I wrap up my concert series with Carrie Underwood. For those of you who don't know who she is, she was the winner from season four of American Idol.
The concert was at the Idaho Center in Nampa. This concert was very different from the rock concerts I have attended so far. You couldn't really head bang, rock out, or throw up the "horns" sign to the country songs. But all and all it was a fun night.
The opening act was Josh Turner, another country singer. He was really good but only sang about 6 or 7 songs. The rest of the night belonged to Carrie Underwood.
Of course my constant concert going companion, Sarah, was with me. We were on the floor and just about 10 rows back from the stage. This time we were lucky, no drunk men hit on us but we were in a section of 12 year old girls and their mothers. All these girls did was drool over the guitar players in the band and scream anytime one of them was shown on the two big screens by the stage. The nice thing was there was a big cat walk down the middle of the floor and we were about 5 seats away from it so anytime Carrie walked out onto to it, we got a good glimpse of her. The one time I leave my cell phone in the car is the time I could have gotten really good concert pics, even though most of the time I complain my phone doesn't take good pics, but in this instance I would have gotten great pictures.

2 Comments:
I would have love to go to the Carrie Underwood concert. AND Josh Turner!
But think I will pass on the facebook stuff. I don't think I want to connect with any of my high school friends. I think that would be depressing.
But I will keep reading the blog.
Love you! Mom
It was really fun and both Josh and Carrie seemed really down to earth, not too caught up in themselves.
Carrie did this thing throughout the concert where she would talk to the crowd about her experiences thus far in the music industry and how great it has been.
As far as Facebook goes it's not bad but I think I like maintaining our blog more. We'll see if I stick with Facebook or not.
Post a Comment