Sunday, April 13, 2008

Mike is Okay!

First of all, I'm fine.

Second, I had a bit of an accident the other day. I was on my way to work, bright and early, when I came up on a truck stopped on the freeway. I was unable to stop in time and ended up in a fender bender. My car was pretty smashed up. The truck I rear ended had a small scratch on the back.

Luckily, no one was hurt. It took a couple hours to clean up. The ISP responded quickly and Incident Response showed up really fast. I had to have my car towed back to my house. I only got a "Following to close" citation, which is automatic in a fender bender accident. I didn't get an "Inattentive Driving" or a "Speeding" ticket.

I only have liability insurance, since my car is only worth about $1,500. I started looking around and I'm not going to be able to get an equivalent car for less than $8,000. Fortunately, I should be able to get my car fixed for about $2,000. The radiator is messed up, as well as the front fan, the hood, drivers side headlight assembly and the front bumper. I've got an appointment on Monday to have an estimate. I'll keep everyone informed.

4 Comments:

Helen Longhurst said...

I am so glad you are OK. But the little car needs a bandaid! You and Carolyn don't have very good luck with wrecks. Stay out of them!

Harold said...

Glad ya OK. I think it needs abig bandaid or may a supersize bottle of super glue

Harold said...

so i dont spell soo good on my previosu comment.

Waht it should have read. Glad ya OK. I think it needs a big bandaid or maybe a whole bunch of super glue

Harold said...

maybe i better give up typing and spelling