Sunday, April 13, 2008

Carolyn's Concertpalooza Part 1

So this is going to be a three part post. Last Thursday, April 10th I attended the 3 Doors Down Concert at the Morrison Hall on the Boise State University campus. My friend Sarah went with me. The Morrison Hall was a very different atmosphere to listen to a rock concert in since it is usually where they have orchestras play and theatrical performances, but it worked.

Sarah and I had 4th row seats and were right by the speakers. We had a good view of the stage but our hearing was shot when we left to go home.

The first opening band was a band called 12 Stones. I would consider their music heavy metal but on a slightly lighter side. Basically they scream and yell just like a heavy metal band but you can understand what they are screaming and yelling. They are from a little town outside of New Orleans, Louisiana. They were all right but nothing special. The lead singer kept rolling his eyes into the back of his head as he was singing and it was very creepy.


Next was a band called Red. They were a lot better sounding than 12 Stones. Again a heavy metal band but one that didn't give you a headache to listen to. So I was looking them up on Wikipedia and come to find out they are an American Christian Metal Band from Nashville, Tennessee. Listening to their music at the concert I wouldn't necessarily think Christian because when I think Christian metal I think of songs laced with "Will rock for Jesus" and such. They had a really good sound. My comparison for them would be the band Creed; heavy metal sound with self reflection lyrics.







And then 3 Doors Down played. They are, if you have never heard their music, a post grunge rock band. They formed around the early 90's but didn't have big time success until their release of the song "Kryptonite" in 2000. I have been following this band ever since their first CD came out and this was my third time seeing them in concert. They played a lot of the old stuff but played a few new songs from their album coming out in May.



All and all it was a really good concert. Stay tuned for parts two and three of my concertpalooza. Next week, April 22nd, Sarah, two of her sisters, her mom, and I are going to see Styx, REO Speedwagon, and Def Leppard. It's going to be a trip back to the 80's. And then on May 25th Sarah and I are going to see Josh Turner and Carrie Underwood.

0 Comments: