So I came home Tuesday night after work and was headed upstairs to the computer room when I heard this awful "whirring" noise coming from the room. I went in and my screen was telling me it could not find my hard drives. So I thought maybe if I hit the restart button on my computer case it would reset itself. So I hit the button and waited. The startup screen came up but then my computer started up with the awful noise again and even louder this time. I became a little panicked but knew Mike would be home from work any minute and he could probably work his computer magic and poof my computer would be working again.
So when Mike got home I told him that my computer didn't sound right and asked him if he could take a look at it. He went upstairs and said that the awful sound coming from my computer was my hard drive heads grinding away (which they shouldn't do). He tried to restart it like I had done but it wouldn't even boot up for him at all . He started to pull stuff out and disconnect and reconnect things but nothing would make my computer even want to try to start up. So he looked at me and said it was totally fried and that most likely my motherboard had gone out. Then he said the most devastating thing. He said that my hard drives might be toasted as well. All my IPod music files were on them as well as anything I had saved over the last couple of years. He won't know for sure until he can hook up my hard drives to another computer and test them out.
So needless to say I am computerless. Mike has rigged up his laptop to one of my monitors so I at least I have something to work on. Then he got this gleam in his eye (he will deny it) when he started talking about getting me a new computer. He decided that he is going combine my new computer with a server that he has wanted to build for the last couple of years. Then he asked me how nice of a system I wanted. I told him it doesn't have to do nuclear physics, just something that I can store my music files on and surf the internet with and play Webkinz. I am glad I have him as my in house tech support because I would be clueless as what to buy. So we are going to look online and he is going to build me up a system for a reasonable price.
So RIP Clay 2004-2008. (Yes my computer was named Clay and I shouldn't admit this but it was after Clay Aiken on American Idol)

3 Comments:
I am so sorry that your computer died! Jessica is in kind of the same boat. She doesn't have a computer down here. But then again she is happy to sit in the sunshine and not worry about a computer!
Michael will make you a nice one, one that he would love to have!
Hope today goes better.MOM
Your computer is in computer heaven with mine. I am have withdrawals. I sure do miss you guys. I am thinking about you as I sit in the nice warm sunshine.
This is really me- Jessica
We miss you two Jessica. But we don't miss the cold weather in Sun Valley. I am glad you are in the warm sunshine of Arizona. We've been in the mid 50's and hit 61 degrees on Sunday. So we're not doing too badly for nice weather.
Yep my computer has gone to a better place now. Mike is working on putting together a new system for me. I should have it by the end of the week.
Post a Comment