
So, I built Carolyn a new computer. She wanted a low profile case with blue lights so I obliged.
She actually has a faster system than mine now.
Processor: Intel 2.2 Ghz Core 2 Duo
Ram: 4 gig Mushkin DDR2 800
Video: EVGA 256mb 7600GT PCI express x16
Harddrive: 2-750 gb hard drives. (1.5 Tb, with slots for up to 3 Tb.)
One of the new hard drives was bad and I'm going to have to get a replacement. The company I bought it from will replace it free of charge.
I also had six hours of convincing the computer to recognize the processor for long enough to boot far enough so that I could replace the Bios, so the Bios would recognize the processor. I hate Catch-22's.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to save any of her data off her old harddrive. I had a backup of her iPod music from 6 months ago, but I couldn't recover any papers, photos or schoolwork.
So say "Hello" to Edward, the newest addition to our collection of computers.
Oh, I found our camera, so expect some real photos accompanying posts from now on.
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Congratulations, it's a boy!
Posted by Mike at 3/16/2008 11:30:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Comment:
goody, I like photos!
Post a Comment