I went up to Sun Valley for the 4th of July weekend to spend some time with Mike. Luckily he only had to work a few hours here and there over the weekend so we got to spend most of the time enjoying the cool, mountain air.
I went with Jessica and Noah to the 4th of July parade in Hailey on Saturday. We had a great time but this pale girl got a little too much sun and was crispy fried. Oh well, it will turn into a nice tan as soon as the redness and pain goes away. We also stopped for ice cream at Baskin Robbins. Jessica dropped me off to Mike and I was so hyper from my milkshake that he scolded Jessica later that night. I don't know what his problem was, I felt I wasn't anymore wound up than normal.
Later that night we lit off some fireworks at Jessica's and then headed down to Sun Valley to watch the big fireworks show at the resort. On the way to Sun Valley we saw a baby bear scamper across the road. After the show was over we headed back up to Jessica's and lit off our biggest fountains and called it a night. The best part of the night was Jessica had bought metal sparklers. Now I don't know about other people but that is all I can remember having as a kid. Nowadays you mostly see those pinkish paper ones that don't last as long. Let me tell you when she said she had metal sparklers I just about went berserk. We lit them up and the smell of the sparklers took me back to my childhood. Jessica also has a video on her camera that Mike took of me and her running in a circle singing circus music with our lit sparklers. All you can see and hear on the video is the sparklers and our singing and giggling. Mike will have to steal it from her and post it.
Sunday me and Mike just hung out and relaxed most of the day. We went to the Ram and were going to sit outside but they had no room. That was actually a good thing because about thirty minutes later the wind picked up and blew really hard. So all the people who were outside had to come inside. We had a gift certificate and had the following: Mike: Escargot, Sea Bass, and Butterfinger Parfait; Carolyn: Cheese Foundue (Mike had some of this too), Filet Mignon, and Beignets with fruit compote. We got our dessert to go since we were so full by the end of our meal. Then we took a walk around the resort and had an umbrella in case of rain. Fortunately it didn't rain. We also decided to take a drive up Trail Creek. We saw one female white tail deer driving up and two male white tail deer coming back down. I would have pictures of them but Mike didn't want to get the camera before we left on our drive. Oh well.
So that was my trip in a nutshell. I have pictures from the parade but the camera is with Mike in Sun Valley so he will have to get on and post the pictures.
Also, Mike was able to pick up a microwave at the Gold Mine. I told Mike he will have to thank Noah because it was Noah who wanted to stop at the Gold Mine as we were coming back from the parade in Hailey. Most of the time you can't find much at the Gold Mine that you need but I saw the microwave and Mike was in need of one for his dorm room. I didn't have any money with me to purchase it that day. So like an experienced Gold Mine shopper I hide it with other stuff as best I could and told Mike to go get it on Monday since they were closed Sunday. We went back Monday as soon as they opened up and there it was hidden behind all the stuff I crammed around it. It was half the price of a brand new microwave and was in really good condition.
Monday, July 6, 2009
4th of July in Sun Valley
Posted by Carolyn at 7/06/2009 06:11:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment