Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Finally a Post

Yes I know it has been six months since our last post but we've been kinda busy. Also, most of the time our lives are not that interesting. Here's a run down of what's went on since January.

Mike:

Got laid off in February and wasn't very successful in getting hired for 4 months because of the bad economy. Went and did some contract work at Sun Valley in the Audio Visual Department where he used to work before we moved. Now he has been hired on through the summer. He comes back to Nampa every two weeks or so to visit me. I will eventually make some trips to visit him. For the in between times we both have web cams and chat via Skype.

Carolyn:

In May I finished my first semester in the Paralegal Studies Program at Boise State University. One down and four more semesters to go. I will start back up with school at the end of August.

Family and Friends:

My best friend Sarah welcomed a baby boy on January 15th, 2009. His name is Logan and he has the biggest blue eyes you ever saw. Before she moved back to Pocatello a few weeks ago Logan was just learning to roll over. It won't be too long before he's crawling at lighting speed. Sarah's other son, Tony, just graduated from kindergarten and will be on to first grade. Sarah and her family moved back to Pocatello because her husband got laid off from his job. He was able to find another one in Pocatello. I miss having her right down the street to hang out with but she is going to get internet soon and we'll be able to chat via Skype.

My parents are still living in Chubbuck. My dad continues to work at INL, plays EMT in American Falls, and helps the Boy Scouts with camping outings. My mom is still at Farmers' Insurance and likes to play with her multiple sewing and embroidery machines in her spare time.

Mike's parents are enjoying their LDS mission in New Hampshire. We get almost weekly updates of their adventures on the east coast via his mothers blog.

My little brother, Michael, and his wife April just purchased their first home in Issaquah, Washington. They will close on June 26th and move in the 27th. It is a 1500 sq ft 2 bedroom, 2 bath townhouse. I am just a little bit bitter (insert appropriate hand gesture) but know Mike and I will eventually get a house of our own. We just need to figure out where we will be living after I finish school. It might be Boise and it might be Sun Valley. Or it could be somewhere completely different.

So there it is folks. I also have updated the layout of our blog. I figured it need a facelift. Hopefully Mike and I will have many other things to talk about so it won't be another six months before we post.

1 Comment:

Helen Longhurst said...

I for one, am glad that you posted. I hope you both are doing OK. It must be hard to be separated, but there has been times for most of us when we went through that. Keep smiling and know that we love you!