Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Day at Home

Another day of recovery. Carolyn was doing much better today. She's eating again. She had mac and cheese for lunch and a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner. We went out for awhile this afternoon and walked around Fred Meyer's. She's allowed to eat anything she can keep down but was advised to take it easy.

She was told to walk when she could since it is supposed to speed recovery. We found her cane and she is getting around the house fairly well.

I've got to get back to work tomorrow and will be leaving her home for awhile.

Thanks everyone for the cards and flowers. I'll get some photos here tomorrow. As you can imagine, I've been to busy to find the camera. (Also, I think Carolyn would shoot me if I tried to take pictures of her.)

2 Comments:

Helen Longhurst said...

I am so glad that you are beginning to feel better. The second or third day can be rough, so be careful and take care of yourself. And Michael, you had better take good care of her. I think there are a couple of Mama's who could get mad if you didn't. We love you. Mom and Dad

Mike said...

Mike is taking very good care of me. He stayed with me in the hospital Sunday and Monday and also all day Tuesday. Pretty much whatever I need he is there to take care of it.

I am doing better today but still have to take it easy because I can get tired quite easily.

It is good to be home and sleeping in my own bed, although I have to sleep on my back because of the pain; I am normally a side sleeper.

Thank you for your kind thoughts and we will keep you posted.